Start button summer

DB7.C spent this hot summer day just chillin' @ our mothershop, A&J RACING. You could smell the grass, smell the grease and most importantly, smell the rich exhaust smell of jdolf's DC2. This biatch right here is actually happy with his bitch-ass car. I do not care what you say, but damn this car's vtec pulls like a mother; it scares the living shit out of me. This ongoing road of pain, tears and wallet holes has been a gift and a curse. Enough said, heres a little article DB7.C made (mostly by jdolf) for his car titled:


PROJECT: DC2
Turning a dirty whore into a plain old slut
Jdolf:"My living hell on wheels"


PROJECT: DC2 - So what the fuck is it and why should I give a shit?

Project DC2 is my living hell on wheels, my nightmare, my money pit, my passion.

I bought the car in November 2008 and 2 weeks after I bought it I discovered a problem, it was burning oil; lots of it. It turned out to be 2 dying piston rings and rebuilding the engine would've costed as much as a replacement, rebuilt Type-R engine I found.

The car has had a lot of little problems and is becoming a nigtmare but I'm too far into it financially to turn around and sell it. So now, the only route I can take is to make it my project vehicle.

I plan on building up and racing the car with local motorsport clubs, maybe then it wont be a nightmare anymore but a dream to drive. But, like everything else in the world, money is an issue, this is gonna be hell...


PROJECT: DC2
Engine specs

For right now at least...

- Rebuilt B18C5 engine from Integra Type-R
- BLOX stage 1 camshafts
- MUGEN valvetrain parts
- Spoon headgasket
- Ported and polished head
- JDM Integra Type-R pistons
- Stock Integra Type-R air box
- MOTUL 8100 5w-40 synthetic oil
- T1R 4-2-1 Header with 2.5" collector
- GS-R Transmission

And it still has problems...



PROJECT: DC2
"Just an idea" To-do list

Engine:
- J's racing "whale penis" intake
- T1R Header (DONE)***
- T1R test pipe (DONE)***
- T1R catback (DONE) ***
- TODA A cams and valvetrain
- Hondata S200

Suspension:
- T1R B-52 MAX damper
- ASR subframe bar
- BEAKS tie bar
- BLOX rear control arms
- Miracle "X" bar
- Password JDM 3pt front strut bar
- T1R dry carbon c-pillar bar

Brakes:
- Endless pads
- Prelude caliper upgrade
- Brembo blank rotors
- T1R Braided steel lines
- Motul RBF600 brake fluid

Wheels / Tires:
unannounced 17"x8.5' rims
Falken Azenis
Pulled fenders

Interior:
- Black JDM Recaro seats
- S2000 cluster
- DEFI gauges



PROJECT: DC2
IRONY
What a fucking bitch...


I knew I would eventually get in trouble with the law in this car, but I never expected it to come with a lesson in irony.

Simply put, my car had a problem where the check engine light would come on under hard driving, so in order for me to find out what the problem was, I had to get a CEL again to get the shop to scan it. The only way to do it ofcourse was to drive it hard. So I did just that before I got to the shop, and as you can see from the piece of paper in the picture, it’s a speeding ticket.

So what’s the irony in this? After I got to the shop and had it scanned, it turned out to be the Oxygen Sensor, which when I bought a new one to replace it, cost the exact same amount as my speeding ticket.
FML


PROJECT DC2:
Exhausted

Making a car breathe and fart better is an easy and common way to increase power in your car. Stock exhaust systems are very restrictive to keep noise down and keep the tree huggers happy which reduces performance. Getting a larger diameter exhaust system with aftermarket catbacks and header(s) are a common way to increase power and give a nice “fuck you” to hippies. On the flip side, people do it simply for the sound and looks and not about performance, we tend to call these people ricers (Sorry Jon L, j/k).

Now no matter how many excuses I make about me not being a ricer, the system I ended up choosing was mainly for the sound and looks (I also got a pretty good deal for it). A 2.25” system would’ve been fine and have good gains, but I decided to go 2.5” all the way. I picked the T1R (Type-One Racing) header, resonated test pipe and catback (which I got used) all of which are made with titanium…and holy shit it’s LOUD.

My car is 11 years old and doesn’t have as much sound deadening as new cars of today, so from the inside it’s like someone’s playing the bongos with your skull. It’s safe to say that it’s a cockblocker because I’m certain most girls won’t enjoy how loud it is inside unless your girlfriend is deaf or likes to yell at you in which case the exhaust is the least of your worries. Performance wise it’s great, way better than my old rusted ass GS-R exhaust. Mid-range and top end power has noticeably increased even with my VTEC not working, and I can only imagine how much of a difference it’d make once it does. The finish is excellent and over time will have a nice multicolour burnt look to it.

Overall I’m happy with it but I do wish it was a little quieter; I have to drive at 2000rpm or 2600rpm to keep the car quiet while driving. I know I look like a ricer by having this exhaust while on stock height but thanks to my friends (Thanks guys!) pitching in some money for a birthday present and the deal that was offered for the header, test pipe and install I couldn’t pass it up. Also its fun scaring people when downshifting and setting off car alarms in parking lots,
I can’t wait for my VI!
_____________________________________________________


There you fucking go, jdolf's bitch ain't done, so keep on coming back and we'll keep you posted. More drama ensues, that i will guarantee you. Special thanks to AJRBUN (A & J Racing owner and head tech for taking care of our cars) -Meeks (photography by SH)


About this entry


0 comments: